That Sea Panda Foundation blog is a troll blog, right?
That Sea Panda Foundation blog is a troll blog, right?
"James is a nickname for what"
probably a nickname for Jameston or something.
I’m going with “Izzy is a poop.”
Tho “Izzy is awesome” was much better.
"taylor is a beast" welp
"alice is a beautiful name"
"alice is a disney princess"
"did you mean: EREN is a TITAN"
i can’t believe this life im living.
"Lynette is a good host and an amazing baker!" *^*
"Red is a dragon." YES I AM
"Catherine is a succubus" oh..
"Kat is a bad driver"
"Skylar is a stupid name" ..oh :(
"Stevie is addicted to twerking"
Not gonna lie I’m going to be laughing at this for hours
"Abbey is Anna pregnant"
Why would I know if Anna is pregnant
"Eve is always upset about something"
*types bf’s name*
"Sean is a gay dolphin"
Seaworld:This animal is a highly intelligent, emotional creature that lives in tightly knit groups, has amazing organization with others of its kind and possesses an enormous capacity for learning and performing complex tasks.
Seaworld:We gon put that shit in a fishtank.
If you say “activist” or “activism” like they’re dirty words, you’re probably not a very good person.
Have you seen Blackfish? Curious about orcas in captivity? Want to know more about how it affects them? Here is a comprehensive list of the bulk of the issues, from both pro-captivity and anti-captivity perspectives, to satisfy your thirst for knowledge about this controversial issue:
General Overview of Orcas in Captivity:
- What IS so Bad About SeaWorld?
- Killer Controversy: Why Orcas Should No Longer be Kept in Captivity
- Killer Whales Don’t Belong in Captivity—and Here’s Why
- The Case Against Killer Whale Captivity
- Blackfish: How Captivity Affects Killer Whales
- Killer Whales Should Not be Held Captive
- The Debate: Anti-Captivity Views
- Blackfish Director: Killer Whales Don’t Belong in Captivity
Captures of Wild Orcas
- The Penn Cove Orca Captures
- Rounding Up Shamu with Don Goldsberry
- Orca Stories—Penn Cove—Don Goldsberry of SeaWorld Inc.
- The Heartbreaking Real-Life Capture of Orcas
- North Eastern Pacific Captures
- North Western Pacific Captures
- Icelandic Captures
- Impact of the Captures Between 1962 and 1973 on the Southern Resident Killer Whale Community
- Orca Pod Destroyed in Japan
- Russian Orca Capture 2003
- Russian Orca Captures: The Inside Story
- Two Orcas Taken in Illegal Capture in Russia
- Corky Hears Her Family
Heath Problems/Injuries/Unnatural Deaths in Captivity
- The Hidden Cost of Captivity: Orca Health of Killer Whales Exposed
- Dorsal Fin Collapse in Killer Whales Explained
- Winnie the Orca Ingests Coins, Tiles, and Other Objects
- Kotar’s Skull Crushed by Gate
- Captive Orcas and Mosquitoes
- Killer Whale Captivity: Is Shamu Stressed?
- SeaWorld Orca Missing Huge Chunk of Chin
- What’s Eating Keet, SeaWorld’s Captive Killer Whale?
- SeaWorld’s Killer Whales Doped Up on Valium to Deal With Captive Life
- Keto and Tilikum Express the Stress of Orca Captivity
Wild Orca vs Captive Orca Lifespans
- Life Expectancy of Orcas in Captivity
- Survival Rates in Captivity
- How Long Do Orcas Live?
- Everything Wrong With SeaWorld’s Claims About Orca Lifespan
- SeaWorld Talks Killer Whale Life Expectancy and Fails Miserably
- 103-Year-Old Killer Whale Roaming the Canadian Coast
- The Truth About Wild Orca Lifespans
- NOAA Statement on Wild Orca Lifespan
- Do Killer Whales Live Longer in a SeaWorld Tank or the Ocean?
Stereotypical/Abnormal Behaviors in Captivity
- When the Orcas Aren’t Performing
- Keet Blowing Bubbles
- Keet Blowing Bubbles Part II
- Kalia Lies Motionlessly On Slideout
- Tilikum Floats at Surface with Mouth Hanging Open
- Kamogawa Sea World Orcas Throw Themselves on Slideouts
- Ulises Floats Motionlessly
- Ikaika Lying on Bottom of Tank
- Corky in a Comatose State
- Gifs and Videos of Abnormal and Stereotypical Behaviors
Statements from Wild Orca Scientists
- Kenneth Balcomb on Captivity
- Eva Saulitis on Captivity
- Dr. Ingrid Visser Speaks on Orcas in Captivity
- Orca Expert (Paul Spong) Provides Insight
- Ken Balcomb and Lolita (end of video)
Info/Statements from Ex-Trainers
- Ex-SeaWorld Trainers Speak Out Against Captivity
- Kim Ashdown, Former Trainer
- Blowing the Whistle—Ex-SeaWorld Orca Trainers Speak Out
- Jeff Ventre, Former Trainer
- Former Trainer Says Killer Whale Captivity Causes Attacks
- Samantha Berg, Former Trainer
- Blackfish Backlash: Former SeaWorld Trainer Carol Ray Speaks with Latin Times About Movement Started by Controversial Film
- Exclusive Interview: Former SeaWorld Trainer John Jett PhD Talks Tilikum
Captive Orca Attacks and the Deaths of Trainers
- List of Attacks in Captivity
- The Debate: Dangers to Trainers
- Kasatka Attacks and Nearly Drowns Ken Peters [Video]
- Brian Rokeach Bitten and Held Underwater By Orkid [Video]
- Kyuquot Attacks Steve Aibel *note: video is incorrectly labled as Dawn Brancheau*
- Original Shamu Attacks Annette Eckis [Video]
- Attack at Marineland France [Video]
- Orca Lunges at Trainer at Japanese Aquarium [Video]
- Orkid and Splash Attack Trainer Tamaree and Break Her Arm [Video]
- Lolita Snaps at Guests [Video]
- Killer in the Pool (comprehensive report of the deaths of Keltie Byrne, Dawn Brancheau, and Daniel Dukes)
- Blood in the Water (Death of Alexis Martinez)
Aggression Between Captive Orcas
- The Death of Kandu 5
- Killer Whale Bled to Death After Breaking Jaw in Fight
- Do Orcas at Marine Parks Injure One Another?
- Trials of Tekoa
- Strikes, Bites and Blood: The Graphic Case for Releasing Morgan, the Wild-Born Orca, From Captivity
- Gudrun Attempts to Drown Daughter Nyar
- Shamu Cam Aggression [Video]
- Kalia Raking Ulises
The Issue of Lolita the Orca
- A Day in the Life of Lolita, the Performing Orca
- Lolita’s Life Before Capture
- Lolita’s Capture
- Lolita Today
- Lolita: Slave to Entertainment
- Liberating Lolita
- From Washington State to Miami, Florida: Lolita’s Story
- Lolita the Orca—Caught, Bought, and Betrayed by the Hertz Family
- Is There Hope for Lolita, the World’s Loneliest Orca?
- Lolita the Orca: Facts, Legal Issues, and How to Get Her Home
- Lolita’s Retirement Plan
Kiska, Canada’s Loneliest Whale
- Marineland Conditions for Killer Whale Still Substandard
- Marineland: Killer Whale Bleeding for Months, Trainer Says
- The Life of Kiska
- Marineland In Depth: Kiska Suffers at Marineland
- Free Kiska: The Loneliest Killer Whale in the World
- It’s Time to Relocate Kiska, the “World’s Loneliest Orca”
- Marineland Killer Whale is Ill
Argentina’s Only Captive Orca: Kshamenk
- Sam Simon Says Kshamenk is ‘Most Abused Orca in the World’
- Kshamenk History
- Kshamenk Needs Humans to Help Him, Not Exploit Him
- Free Kshamenk
- Kshamenk—Not What We Thought, Something Bigger
Legal Battles Involving Orca Captivity
- SeaWorld vs OSHA
- Court Denies SeaWorld Appeal of OSHA Citations
- Here’s All the Places Around the World That Ban Orca Captivity
- NY “Blackfish” Bill to Ban Orca Captive Orcas Approved by Senate Committee
- "Blackfish" Inspires California Orca Bill
- California Bill Would Ban SeaWorld Orca Shows
- Bill to Ban Captive Orcas Put on Hold in California
(Please note: I do not agree with nor endorse any of the articles below, but I included both sides of the argument for the sake of fairness. In addition, I know this list is small, but please understand that it is extraordinarily difficult to find orca-specific articles from a pro-captivity point of view that actually focus on orcas alone. If you know of any more articles, please message me and I will gladly include them on this list.)
Statements from SeaWorld
- Truth About Blackfish
- Health and Daily Care
- Research Publications at SeaWorld
- Social Structure
- 69 Reasons You Shouldn’t Believe Blackfish
- SeaWorld Responds to Questions About Captive Orcas